[Bldg-sim] equest zoning and spaces

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Thu May 13 09:26:19 PDT 2010

I agree 110%!  In this case, there's a method to the madness though...

My admittedly confusing wording stems from a minor wizard screen UI
quirk that I would suggest considering to address in future eQuest
releases:

In the second DD shell wizard screen, a user may define a custom "shell"
and "zone" footprints (screenshot attached and below).  This screen can
be misleading to new users (as recently illustrated) by consistently use
the term "zone" when one is really more correctly defining "spaces."
Whether these spaces should end up being individual/distinct thermal
zones or tied together as a larger thermal zone(s) (i.e.
core/perimeter/custom) depends entirely on later wizard screens, wizard
system type selection and/or detailed mode user input.

While I'm sure this space/zone distinction has received an exhaustive
level of attention now for anyone following this conversation, it might
still help future new users and those of us trying to guide them if this
UI item could be polished out a bit further.

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER

25501 west valley parkway