[Bldg-sim] Graduate work at Harvard

Reinhart, Christoph reinhart at gsd.harvard.edu
Fri Nov 12 18:15:17 PST 2010

Dear colleagues,

In case you are aware of an individual with a good foundation in
building design who is contemplating graduate work in building science
with an emphasis on building performance simulation, I invite you to
direct him or her to the Advanced Studies Program
<http://www.gsd.harvard.edu/academic/mdes/sustainability.htm>  at
Harvard University, Graduate School of Design. We are offering a 1.5
year long Master in Design Studies post-professional degree that teaches
students advanced simulation concepts in energy modeling, daylighting
and natural ventilation. Students enrolled in our program  further have
the opportunity to choose from a variety of classes related to
sustainability at the Harvard Business School, the Kennedy School of
Government and the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences. An
integral part of the degree is a research thesis that may address a
variety of topics including modeling urban neighborhoods, glare, light
and health, linking simulations with digital fabrication techniques,
continuous commissioning and climate change adaption (see ongoing
work>>) <http://www.gsd.harvard.edu/research/gsdsquare/projects.html> .

I will be at Greenbuild next week and could meet with potential
candidates on Thursday morning between 11AM and noon to answer any
specific questions related to the program.

Thank-you and enjoy your weekends,

Christoph

Christoph Reinhart, Dr. Ing.

Associate Professor of Architectural Technology

Graduate School of Design - Harvard University

Gund Hall 331, 48 Quincy Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA

t: 617 384 7269, f: 617 495 8916, reinhart at gsd.harvard.edu
<mailto:reinhart at gsd.harvard.edu>

Research <http://www.gsd.harvard.edu/research/gsdsquare/> , DIVA-toolbox
<http://www.diva-for-rhino.com/> , Design Workflows