[Bldg-sim] EnergyPlus Single Sided Natural Ventilation

Harding, Ross ross.harding at built-ecology.com
Mon Nov 15 23:36:14 PST 2010

Hi,

I was trying to work out how to investigate the impacts of single sided natural ventilation of a space through an opening. It seems to me that energy plus can only investigate cross flow ventilation even though energyplus can model bi-directional flow through a single opening. It appears to me that it requires two openings in all cases.

I am also wondering if I can then model two openings (one at high level, one at low level) on the same facade.

Can anyone help me understand the capabilities of energyplus for single sided natural ventilation?

Thanks in advance.

Ross