[Bldg-sim] IES-VE vs. eQuest vs. Trace

Will Mak wmak at epsteinglobal.com
Fri Nov 19 09:44:12 PST 2010

Hello all,

I just wanted to get your opinions on IES-VE vs. eQuest vs. Trace in terms of load calcs and energy modeling. Each have their pros and cons but I have only had experience on load calcs on Trane Trace and energy modeling with eQuest. I recently have been exposed to IES-VE and it seems the software can save lots of time during the input stage for energy modeling but not too sure on the load calculation. I think it would be nice if in the future, we see the two tasks merged into a software package that can master both, thanks!

William Mak, LEED Green Associate
Mechanical Design Engineer

EPSTEIN
Architecture
Interiors
Engineering
Construction

600 West Fulton Street
Chicago, Illinois 60661-1259

D: (312) 429-8116
F: (312) 559-1217
E: wmak at epsteinglobal.com
W: www.epsteinglobal.com <http://www.epsteinglobal.com/>

þ Epstein is a firm believer in sustainability. We ask that you please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.