[Bldg-sim] EE4 Ground Source Heat Pumps

Oleksandra Onisko oleksandra.onisko at ecovert.ca
Fri Nov 19 10:06:50 PST 2010

Hello,

I am trying to model a MURB with distributed heat pumps and a gas fired
make-up air unit. The heat pump loop is attached to a ground field heat
exchanger and a supplementary boiler.  I am getting very strange results:
the model is showing negative savings. Upon closer inspection, it seems like
the reference building does not have any heating created.  I have followed
the instruction in the EE4 modelling guide...am I missing something?

Oleksandra Onisko, B.A.Sc., LEED AP
Project Manager & Energy Modeler

ECOVERT | Sustainability Consultants
                   Office 416.350.2002