[Bldg-sim] Automatic Lighting Shutoff Mandatory Provision Question

Jaigath Chandraprakash cjaigath at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 4 07:01:11 PDT 2010

Hello All,

I am confused on the mandatory provision 9.4.1.1 which states that building
larger than 5000 ft2 shall have automatic control device. Does it mean
that mid-rise and high rise building cannot claim for credit in occupancy
sensors shown in Table G3.2 because their GFA is more than 5000 ft2 and only
small office can claim for this credit? I am sure I am not interpreting this
section correct since from what I read, other modelers  are claiming for savings
for buildings with more than 5000 ft2 area for occupancy sensors even if
mandatory requirements states that this is required which means baseline
building will also have occupancy sensors.

Can someone correct me on this?

Thank you,

C. Jaigath