[Bldg-sim] Interpretation of Table G-A in ASHRAE 90.1 2007

Paul Riemer Paul.Riemer at dunhameng.com
Thu Oct 14 07:53:13 PDT 2010

Exception a of G3.1.1 looks at your proposed systems and has the noted 20,000 sf criteria.
Exceptions b & c are tied to thermal zones and are not tied to your proposed system configuration.
The planned system boundaries alone are not sufficient to trigger a separate lookup in table G.3.1.1A.
Often the mapping of system to zones is different between proposed and baseline model.
Regards,
Paul Riemer
Dunham