[Bldg-sim] Water loop heat pump with district heating in DOE2.2

Alex Chapin alexc at 2rw.com
Thu Oct 21 12:16:22 PDT 2010

David,

It looks like you will have to make a boiler to approximate the district hot water loop.

Some suggestions:

1.       Make boiler efficiency equal to 1

2.       Remove any auxiliary equipment and start-up/shut-down time

3.       Assign a separate fuel meter to it with the associated district hot water cost per unit of energy (perhaps MMBTU, M=1,000) rate structure

This is similar to how you do this in TRACE as well, if anyone was wondering.

Alex Chapin, E.I.T., LEED AP BD+C
Energy Engineer
2rw Consultants
T: 434-296-2116 ext. 305
F: 434-977-1862

P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail - Thanks!