[Bldg-sim] Direct/Diffuse Radiation Model

Reinhart, Christoph reinhart at gsd.harvard.edu
Thu Sep 16 05:53:25 PDT 2010

Dear colleagues,

I am searching for a comparative study of models that derive direct and
diffuse solar radiation components from total solar radiation. I have
been using the Reindl model for many years and I am reasonable happy
with it. But,  I'd like to get a feeling what other models are available
and how they compare to Reindl. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Christoph

PS: Check out our new video tutorials for DIVA in case you have not seen
them http://www.diva-for-rhino.com/usersforum.html

Christoph Reinhart, Dr. Ing.

Associate Professor of Architectural Technology

Graduate School of Design - Harvard University

Gund Hall 331, 48 Quincy Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA

t: 617 384 7269, f: 617 495 8916, reinhart at gsd.harvard.edu
<mailto:reinhart at gsd.harvard.edu>

Research <http://www.gsd.harvard.edu/research/gsdsquare/> , DIVA-toolbox
<http://www.diva-for-rhino.com/> , Design Workflows