[Bldg-sim] PLR for PRTU furnaces

James V Dirkes II, PE jvd2pe at tds.net
Wed Sep 15 15:14:47 PDT 2010

Dear Forum,

I think that most manufacturers offer too little, or no detail on their part
load performance.  For the energy modeler, I also think that it's asking too
much to fine tune a model with this level of detail unless you are trying to
compare two specific products.

The accuracy of any energy model is subject to a hundred (maybe 1000?)
details that are either:

a)      Not known

b)      out of your control or

c)       poorly documented

For a general model, the fine details of part load performance for one piece
of equipment cannot outweigh the uncertainty of the 100 other uncertain
details.

..now stepping off of the soapbox...

The Building Performance Team
James V. Dirkes II, P.E., LEED AP