[Bldg-sim] Core and Shell Office Modelling

Jaigath Chandraprakash cjaigath at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 7 04:20:52 PDT 2011

I am simulating a core and shell office building with system 6 for my baseline.
The design case is a two pipe fan coil units at common areas and all tenants
will have chilled water pipe provision for them to tap their fan coil units.
Based in CS Appendix 6 under step 1, model the HVAC system as described in the
design documents. My question is:
1. Does that mean I will be modeling only the common since it only the areas
that were designed?
2. Do I need to also include the tenant areas?
3. Since the tenant areas have FCU pipe provision, do I model it as FCU or do I
have to model it as system 6 which is my baseline case?

Thank you all in advance.

Jaigath