[Bldg-sim] eQuest - Model verification

Maria Karpman maria.karpman at karpmanconsulting.net
Fri Apr 29 09:03:59 PDT 2011

Rohini,

We require that models are calibrated following ASHRAE Guideline 14 for
projects that participate in several major (hundreds of buildings in the
pipeline) modeling-based incentive programs in North East. To support this
requirement, we developed a spreadsheet-based tool to verify achieved
calibration (via pass/fail flag). Statistical calculations and tolerances in
the tool are largely based on Guideline 14, which we had to tweak in few
places to better adapt it to real life scenarios that we ran into (e.g.
stored fuels with no clean monthly usage data, etc.). The process also uses
ETRACKER software, a free weather normalization tool from University of
Dayton http://academic.udayton.edu/kissock/http/Weather/default.htm. The
above mentioned incentive programs rely on network of approved providers
that are required to use the tool to document incentives. If you'd like to
get the tool, feel free to email me off the list (the file is rather large).

Thanks,

Maria