[Bldg-sim] Radiance Workshop Aug 24-26

Stephen Selkowitz seselkowitz at lbl.gov
Tue Aug 2 00:59:48 PDT 2011

*Announcing the 10th International Radiance Workshop, August 24-26, 2011*

Lawrence Berkeley National Lab is hosting the 10th International Radiance
Workshop in Berkeley, California.  The annual workshop is an international
gathering of Radiance users ranging in experience from novice to expert.

Dates:
Wednesday, August 24 - Seminar day
Thursday, August 25 - Workshop Day 1
Friday, August 26 - Workshop Day 2

We are hosting a pre-workshop seminar day on Wednesday August 24.  On the
seminar day, John Mardaljevic will present a crash course on the Radiance
Ambient calculation.  Additionally, Greg Ward, Jacob Jonsson, Peter
Apian-Bennewitz and Christian Kohler will present new developments in
measuring, characterizing and simulating complex fenestration systems (CFS)
using bidirectional scattering distribution functions (BSDF).  New BSDF
related improvements in the Radiance code enable users to easily simulate
sunlight redirecting systems, optically complex shading systems and dynamic
facades.

The two day workshop (August 25-26) is comprised of Radiance user
presentations.  A few presentation slots are still available, if you are
interested in presenting please email Andy McNeil (amcneil at lbl.gov) with a
title and description of your presentation.  No marketing presentations are
permitted.

In addition we will give tours of our new optical measurement laboratory
which can measure BSDF properties for shading and light redirecting systems
and our window/facade testbed facility that measures the energy and visual
comfort impacts of daylighting in perimeter office spaces.

The registration fees are as follows:

Seminar Day: $90

Workshop days (including banquet dinner): $170

Workshop presenters are given a $30 discount.

More information and online registration is available on this website:
http://radiance.lbl.gov

Registration deadline is Monday August 8.

Steve

Stephen Selkowitz

Head, Building Technologies Department             (510) 486-5064

Bldg.90-3111                                                         fax (510)
486-4089

Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory     SESelkowitz at lbl.gov

Berkeley, CA 94720
http://BTECH.lbl.gov/