[Bldg-sim] Appendix G, Table G3.1.1A Building Type area is conditioned or unconditioned?

Bharathidhasan bharathidhasan.r at en3online.com
Wed Aug 17 04:15:12 PDT 2011

Ashraf,

As per ASHRAE 90.1 Appendix G, Table G.3.1.1A Building Type area is
conditioned. Refer Section G.3.1.1 Baseline HVAC System Type and
Description.

In your Case,

If conditioned area 15,000 ft² (150,000 ft² with only 10% of conditioned),
If Non residential and 3 floors or less and <25,000 ft² accordingly you can
select System 3 or 4.

If conditioned area 15,000 ft² (150,000 ft² with only 10% of conditioned),
If Non residential and 4 or 5 floors and <25,000 ft² or 5 floors or Less and
25,000ft² to 150,000 ft² accordingly you can select System 5 or 6.

Regards,

Bharathidhasan