[Bldg-sim] DOAS and baseline OA

Anne Juran juran at summerconsultants.com
Thu Aug 18 07:03:44 PDT 2011

I agree that the OA difference is extreme. I just let Trace run wild and do
the calculation so I'm sure I have some crazy factors that would be adjusted
for a "real" design.  In retrospect, I should have looked at it closer
BEFORE submitting to USGBC.  I'm sure it made them closer at it, whereas if
I was only slightly different they may have not questioned it.  Lesson
learned!

It doesn't look like I'll get anywhere with USGBC, though, as the reviewer
explicitly stated, "the total minimum outdoor air ventilation volume in the
Baseline model must never be greater than the Proposed model."

Thanks for all the input!