[Bldg-sim] Moving to MIT

Reinhart, Christoph reinhart at gsd.harvard.edu
Wed Dec 14 07:13:50 PST 2011

Dear colleagues,

This is a short note that I will be moving with parts of my group from Harvard to the Building Technology Program at MIT starting January 2012. We will be expanding our research focus to the awakening field of urban energy modeling, working on a coherent theory and toolset for architects, urban planners and policymakers. We have started this process last term in a class in which we developed a new Rhino based tool that calculates operational energy use for multiple buildings using E+ as well as walkscore and urban daylight availability distributions. I will be soon be sharing more information with this group.

There is a lot of exciting work to be done so, if you know any creative minds interested in doing graduate work at the interface between design and building science, please make them aware of our program.

Warm regards and season's greetings,

Christoph

Starting January 2012
Christoph Reinhart, Dr. Ing.
Associate Professor
Department of Architecture
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Ave, Rm 5-418, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
t: 617 253 1876, f: 617 253 6152, tito_ at mit.edu<mailto:tito_ at mit.edu>
Home<http://architecture.mit.edu/user/christoph-reinhart> | DIVA<http://www.diva-for-rhino.com/> | Daysim<http://www.daysim.com/>