[Bldg-sim] App G Baseline WSHP w Boiler Injection

Jackson, Alan ajackson at klingstubbins.com
Fri Feb 25 10:21:54 PST 2011

Hello, yes it's another Appendix G Baseline question.

Typical Residential Tower system with water-cooled heat pumps for the
dwelling units. Tower Loop is closed system with a heat injection boiler
for the winters (northeast climate). Heat injection boiler is natural
gas fired.

Is the Baseline "Electric and Other"? or "Fossil/Electric Hybrid"

I have seen many postings about WSHP being modeled as "all electric"
heating, but I am getting push back on this in the office because of the
heat injection component. Any CIRs on this one? System is obviously very
common.

Thanks

Alan Jackson, LEED AP
HVAC Project Engineer / BIM Team Leader