[Bldg-sim] Simulation programs question

Cheney chenyu73 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 10:24:45 PST 2011

Hi Ragab,

Very interesting topic. My two cents only since I have not done any
temporary structures before. The critical parameters which will infuence
the thermal performance of temporary structuse, to my knowledge, are the U
value of facade materials,  infiltration/exfiltration, ground effect. As
long as they can be accurately described in a simulation program, it is
highly possible to simulate temporary structures.

IES VE, TAS, Energy Plus, etc. all certainly have the capacity to do it.
Since thermal mass effect may not be significant in these temperary
structures, DOE2 based progame may also be capable of simulating them.

Cheney

LinkedIN @ http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/yu-cheney-chen/27/637/72b