[Bldg-sim] Ground Temperature: Building Surface

kanagaraj ganesan gkanagaraj83 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 21:14:44 PST 2011

Dear Sandeep,
I used slab utility programe of energy plus to get the temperature of
outside face temperatures for the core area and the perimeter area of the
slab.Go through the "Ground Heat Transfer in EnergyPlus" in
the auxiliary programs document of energy plus.
Regards,
Kanagaraj

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 10:12 AM, Sandeep Kachhawa <
sandeep.kachhawa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, the weather file does have ground temperatures but its given for
> different no. of ground temperature depths and is not clear. Further the
> weatehr file ground temperatures are undisturbed ground temperatures, and as
> per the EnergyPlus documentation, its not appropriate to take these values
> for simulation
>

> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 12:14 AM, Morgan Heater <morgan at ecotope.com>wrote:
>
>>  Don’t the TMY2 & EPW weather data files have ground temperature in them?
>>

>> http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/cfm/weather_data3.cfm/region=2_asia_wmo_region_2/country=IND/cname=India
>>

>> You can convert the epw files to CSV so that you can take a look at them
>> with the energy plus weather utility, if I remember correctly.
>>

>> Morgan Heater, PE
>>
>> morgan at ecotope.com
>>
>> 206-322-3753 ext 209

G.KANAGARAJ