[Bldg-sim] HVAC Equipment Sizing

Michael A. Eustice MAEustice at htlyons.com
Wed Feb 16 06:43:44 PST 2011

My best guess would be the pull-down cooling load.  If you're modeling the 12-hr building as 12 hours occupied and 12 hours unoccupied.  The software may let the building temperature float way up outside of setpoint during the unoccupied hours.  Then, when your occupied hours start, the equipment needs extra capacity to pull down the thermal lag of the building to meet setpoint in a reasonable timeframe.  Make sense?  Are you modeling it that way?

Michael