[Bldg-sim] Simulation programs question

Chris Yates chris.malcolm.yates at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 01:31:38 PST 2011

In that case, you may also be able to utilise some of the stratified
zone models (if the space is tall). From memory, they aren't coupled to
the airflow network but they will work with HVAC.

Somebody posted a comment regarding convergence tolerances of no mass
materials. I can't really comment on this apart from re-iterating that
E+ has a model for purely resistive (i.e. no thermal mass) materials. I
know other simulation programs do have problems with convergence in very
thin opaque elements because you can't turn of the thermal mass.

It's a little bit of an untested area this so expect to spend some time.

Chris

Email: chris.malcolm.yates at gmail.com

Skype: christopher.m.yates