[Bldg-sim] Natural Ventilation

Cheney chenyu73 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 11:29:08 PST 2011

Hi Arpan,

IES VE's macroflo module may be useful here. If you go to Macroflo/Macroflo
opening types/Exposure types, you may find that there are couple of
scenarios pre-defined. They are sort of simplified way to estimate the
impact from surrounding buildings. Other than that, I doubt IES VE thermal
calculation modules can trace the real 3D model and generate very accurate
wind flow pattern accordingly. You know what, sometimes, when field
measurements or wind tunnel test are not possible, we will run CFD twice.
The first simulation will focus on the external CFD analysis with respect
to the designed building and its surroundings (include adjacent buildings).
The results from the first one will be a good reference for the second round
of internal CFD analysis.

Regards,

Cheney

LinkedIN @ http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/yu-cheney-chen/27/637/72b