[Bldg-sim] quick analysis tool

Aide Fitch aide at cloudforestsoftware.com
Fri Jan 14 13:37:34 PST 2011

The other day someone posted a question asking:

Is there a tool out there that allows you to quickly analyze the effect
different mechanical systems will have on energy cost savings? It seems that
a lot of project teams during the design stages want to know the influence
on energy models and ultimately how big of a drop or gain in LEED points
certain system changes will have. Ironically, the current process of LEED is
analyzing the energy a building consumes based on systems that are already
designed.

We are just about to roll out our new software tool which does exactly this.
It's quick, web based, and it models energy as well as construction cost,
LEED, CO2 footprint, water, and long term financial performance.  Check us
out at www.cloudforestsoftware.com

I'd love to get feedback from this group.  I've been frustrated with the
same issues mentioned above for many years, which was part of the
inspiration for this tool.  Feel free to email me directly at
aide at cloudforestsoftware.com

Aide Fitch, AIA, LEED AP

512.619.0983

CloudForest Software, LLC