[Bldg-sim] eQuest HVAC Loads

Morrison, Andrew amorrison at haleyaldrich.com
Wed Jan 26 06:55:33 PST 2011

Hi,

I'm using eQuest to develop heat pump loads for a geothermal system retrofit an existing apartment building constructed in the 1940s. I'm using hourly reports to generate the space heating and cooling loads, and I want to verify that I'm using the correct variables.

Currently I'm using the "BUILDING-HVAC" report block. I'm using variables 1 & 2 - "Building cool load (coils+losses&gains)" and "Building heat load (coils+losses&gains)". Are these the right variables to use if I want to generate an hourly space heating and cooling load profile for the primary equipment (in this case, a water-to-water heat pump?)

Thanks,

Drew Morrison
Engineer
Haley & Aldrich, Inc.