[Bldg-sim] Comfort tools

Erik Olsen olsen at transsolar.com
Mon Jan 24 12:36:52 PST 2011

Hi Arpan,

The CBE thermal comfort model can do this but may not be generally
available.  http://www.cbe.berkeley.edu/research/briefs-thermmodel.htm

TRNSYS 17 with the detailed radiation model allows definition of
multiple comfort points in one zone and calculation of local comfort at
each point based on the operative temperature experienced at that
point.  Air temperature gradients could be accounted for by defining a
single radiation zone with multiple air zones.

Regards
Erik

Erik Olsen, PE
212 219 2255| olsen at transsolar.com
Transsolar Inc. | 134 Spring St. Suite 601 | New York, NY 10012

Transsolar Climate Engineering
Technical consulting for energy efficiency and environmental quality in
buildings
New York - Stuttgart - Munich