[Bldg-sim] why pump consume less energy

songsuwon ssw1007 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 3 06:49:25 PST 2011

Hi !

I think pump motor efficiency(=1) is too high, and it seems CW loop pumps are missing.

Suwon Song

From: zhouzr at cabr-sh.com
To: bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 19:51:53 +0800
Subject: [Bldg-sim] why pump consume less energy

Dear all
         My proposed model consume much less pump energy which is less than 1% of the total energy. There are 10 chiller and 10 pumps(all are VSD) in the proposed. The figure below shows the breakdown of total energy consumption, the pump is very low. The pump setting is shown in the second figure below.
Why the loop head is given in the SIM file as shown in the third figure below? Why the pump consume little energy? Can anyone tell me the reason? Thanks a lot.

                                                                                    Yours arron