[Bldg-sim] 32-bit versus 64-bit computers - APEC HCC-V

Varkie C Thomas thomasv at iit.edu
Tue Jan 4 11:55:33 PST 2011

Thanks for all the replies saying it should work with Windows-7. My computer has Windows Vista.  I also got replies saying that they got the APEC HCC-V program to work on their 64-bit computer.   It seems the APEC HCC-V is still being used.  The program is in FORTRAN-66 and the first version (an input interface was added later) was issued in the late 1960s
I have uploaded the two APEC HCC-V  installation disks into http://bepan.info   I have also uploaded the EXCEL templates that generates tables and charts from DOE2.bin.
I will upload the other original files and executable programs to the website after I know where this going.  I cannot take responsibility for public access to the website.
I developed the information for graduate courses and the Ph.D. program at IIT while I was a full time employee at SOM.  The Ph.D. candidates who worked with me and Ray Clark (former Partner & Director of MEP at SOM and is now Adjunct at IIT) have the information.  They are now assistant/associate professors at other universities.  They are going to use it as reference to develop their own courses and we will be working with them.
Varkie
Copy
Joe Dillinger (http://www.learnhvac.org/ and  http://su-per-b.org/)
Ellen Franconi (http://www.rmi.org/rmi/)