[Bldg-sim] Adiabatic Floor

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Mon Jan 10 14:20:35 PST 2011

Hi Sunayana,

It sounds like you're using eQuest, but please clarify if not:

For a three-shell, three-story building, I would suggest an adiabatic
floor type for the 2nd and 3rd floor shells while in the DD wizards.
Any other selection for a distinct shell will result in floor perimeter
loads appropriate to a slab-on-grade or else a floor exposed to exterior
conditions, neither of which sounds like an intended feature of your
building.

Regards,

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.