[Bldg-sim] 90.1-2007/LEED_Baseline pressure drop # and baseline fan bhp relation

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Mon Jan 10 14:21:21 PST 2011

It sounds like you've got the right idea Nikola - must have just been a
Friday...

It does make sense if you dwell on it enough:  If your proposed system
has a ton of extra filtering to deal with, it wouldn't be fair if the
corresponding baseline fan were sized with a bhp appropriate to minimal
filtering, would it?  If you add up all the items that apply to your
proposed system from T 6.5.3.1.1B when figuring out your 'A' parameter -
increasing the energy consumption of the baseline system fan, then
you're effectively leveling the playing field for your proposed system.

90.1 is set up a little strangely in that we have to follow all these
sub-notes and bounce around the chapters to reference all the correct
tables, but I think you're following the right path.

Regards,

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.
PROJECT ENGINEER