[Bldg-sim] Looking for Saudi Weather Files

Chuck Khuen chuck.khuen at wxaglobal.com
Tue Jan 11 12:20:16 PST 2011

Dogan,

We are just about to announce at the American Meteorological Society’s January conference a new system that can get you a TMY file for any site in the world (initially in EPW format but soon also in .BIN for DOE2) constructed from the last 30 years of hourly weather data.  We have essentially placed over 640,000 virtual weather stations, one every 35 km around the globe, each producing gap free hourly time-series weather data for about 25 variables from 1/1/1979 through seven days in the future.  (We have been working on this for some time).

We can get you what ever cities you would like in Saudi Arabia (or anywhere in between).  We are intending to sell this data but if you want to pick a city or even better a specific location, we will send you a TMY for that site at no cost so you can check it out.

Let me know and I hope we can be of help.

Chuck

Chuck Khuen
Principal
Weather Analytics Inc.