[Bldg-sim] Comfort tools

Patrick J. O'Leary, Jr. poleary1969 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 05:56:39 PST 2011

pretty much so if you're attempting to use to the ashrae comfort tools
to invidually "model" every space in a building.  i am using it at the
system level only, more as a measure of setpoint/airflow to show a
compliance with ashrae 55 as the systems i typically work with are
simpler (i.e. smaller packaged units with not a lot of differentiation
in use met/clo per system).

the ashrae tool has its limitations but your question was about tools
that are specifically developed to perform only comfort calculations -
pmv, ppd, etc, - and that it does within the limitations of how it is
applied and what one is trying to use it for.