[Bldg-sim] Comfort tools

Cheney chenyu73 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 10:45:32 PST 2011

Hi Arpan,

You may have already known that the results, including surface temperatures,
from ApacheSim will be introduced as boundary condition into Microflo.
However, you can define the boundary condition yourself without referring
back to the ApacheSim calculation. I usually respect results from field
measurement more than those from simulation (My personal feeling is that the
simulation results usually are conservative in terms of estimating surface
temperatures). Using my recent simulation as an example, I increase my
boundary surface temperature from 20+ degree C (results from ApacheSim) to
40+ degree C (results from field measurement) and achieve more realistic
thermal comfort numbers.

So, back to your question, my premature thought is that, the method of
calculating MRT is not that critical compared as boundary condition which
will have significant impact on MRT. As long as a properly defined boundary
condition can be provided, MRT will be on the righ track.

Regards,

Cheney