[Bldg-sim] Runtime Error in eQuest

Alex Leonard Alex.Leonard at mcw.com
Wed Jul 13 14:23:54 PDT 2011

Hello Sir/Madam,

I am modeling a building with eQuest 3-64 and I've gotten a Runtime error message that says,

"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information".

After I click OK the whole program shuts down without saving. The same problem occurred after I rebooted the computer and again on a different computer with 3-64.

To provide you a bit more background I'll explain what I was doing:

A building footprint in the Building Development Wizard needed to be changed (because of the wrong scale) so I deleted the footprint and imported a new CAD file to the proper scale. This worked fine for the first shell.
For the second shell, when I try to import a new CAD file, a portion of the screen in the background turns black, I select the specific drawing I want from the dialogue box and when I click Open the entire background turns black. After a few minutes of an hourglass cursor, the Runtime Error message appears.

Attached is a screenshot of the error message and the black screen.

Please provide any help that you can to help fix this problem so I can continue modeling the building.

Thank you for your time and assistance,

Alex Leonard

MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. <http://www.mcw.com>
156 Front Street West Suite 600
Toronto, ON M5J 2L6
Phone 416-598-2920
Fax 416-598-5394

This e-mail may be privileged and confidential. Any unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender directly.