[Bldg-sim] insulation film on windows in EnergyPlus

Pedro Peixeiro ppeixeiro at lnec.pt
Tue Jul 12 02:03:27 PDT 2011

Jeong,

Shading coefficient is an older term that has been gradually substituted
by the SHGC value. The object WindowMaterial:SimpleGlazingSystem allows
you to enter this value directly. A quick search around the web shows
that the SC should be around 1.15 * SHGC. But you should get some more
reliable information on this. Also, it is recommended that you use the
detailed input for windows and not the simple glazing system. If you
can, get a hold of the solar transmittance and conductivity of your
window and you should be able to use the detailed input.

Pedro.