[Bldg-sim] SHGC adjustment and LEED impact q?

Anne Juran juran at summerconsultants.com
Thu Jul 14 05:24:35 PDT 2011

Yes, lots of framing results in a system SHGC lower than the COG SHGC.  I
know Kawneer does publish their data, although it is per AAMA 507, which is
a testing standard similar to NFRC 200, which is what 90.1 requires. See
page 34 of
http://www.kawneer.com/kawneer/north_america/catalog/pdf/1600_Wall_Sys1__E--
A.pdf for an example.

I have submitted a LEED project using the manufacturer's info, but it is
currently under review, so I cannot give you a good answer.  I would hope
that as long as you have the manufacturer's published info per NFRC 200 you
would be okay.