[Bldg-sim] Suggestions for model reviews

Jim Dirkes jim at buildingperformanceteam.com
Mon Jul 18 11:26:39 PDT 2011

Excellent comments!

Nick's point #1 (reviewer may be smarter than you) is one that is
particularly hard for many engineers to swallow.  I won't tell you how many
times I've started a meeting or discussion thinking I was the "brightest
penny in the bucket", only to find out that others had much better insights
than I.  I'm more humble now than 30 years ago.

Point #2 is almost as important (reviewer may not be smarter than you).
Each of us travels somewhat similar paths if we're in the same industry, but
it's a very large industry and our reviewer almost certainly has not had the
same experiences.  Give him (her) the same patience that we'd like to
receive ourselves!

The Building Performance Team
James V. Dirkes II, P.E., BEMP , LEED AP
1631 Acacia Drive NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
616 450 8653