[Bldg-sim] eQuest Modeling of Film on top of Glass

John Aulbach jra_sac at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 19 09:41:14 PDT 2011

Okay, Smart peoples:

I have an existing glass (say Solar Bronze) which has properties of SHGC, VT, and U-Value. I now wish to take this same glass and add a film on top of it to further enhance the SHGC and VT properties.

I cannot just take a diferent window from the Glass Library, because I do not know the additive SHGC and VT effects.  Is there any way to do a "glass-layers" operation? Or must I just guess at a glass that MIGHT be the equivalent?

Thanks.
 John R. Aulbach, PE, CEM
Senior Energy Engineer

PartnerEnergy
1990 E. Grand Avenue, El Segundo, CA 90245
W: 888-826-1216, X254| D: 310-765-7295 | F: 310-817-2745
www.ptrenergy.com| jaulbach at ptrenergy.com