[Bldg-sim] LEED Template

Rob Hudson rdh4176 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 07:32:49 PDT 2011

I just need a clarification, and rather wait for a response from LEED, i
figured i'd ask you guys.  I looked through the archives and couldn't find
anything that adressed this issue.

In the most recent version of the LEED Online template, i have entered in my
unmet hours as follows:

                                 proposed            baseline
unmet heating                 8                         91
unmet cooling                 120                       1

Now, if you sum them up and take the difference you get 128-92 = 36 which is
a pass in my book.  However the LEED Online template is saying that it isn't
a pass because:
91-8 = 83 (Fail)
120-1 = 119 (Fail)

so what i then did was enter in numbers as follows:

                                 proposed            baseline
unmet heating                 299                     250
unmet cooling                 299                     250

This should not be allowed to pass because proposed = 598 and baseline = 500
unmet hours, even the difference is 98 ours, which fails, but the LEED
Online passes this scenario.

Any thoughts or has anyone dealt with this recently?
--
Rob Hudson