[Bldg-sim] Change from Solid to Fluid in Ansys WorkBench DesignModeler

Mostapha Sadeghipour sadeghipour at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 18:21:53 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I know this is not the best place to ask this question but hopefully someone
in this list had the same problem before and can help me.

I'm trying to automate the process of importing, meshing and running a CFD
simulation for a parametric study for a building. In an iterative process,
geometry is continuously being updated, re-generated, and re-tested.
So far I am able to create the geometry, import it in DesignModeler and
export the Mesh. The only problem is DesignModeler considered the body as a
"solid" by default but I need to change it to fluid.
I wonder if anybody did it before either by changing the default or changing
the created geometry.
I have tried to change it using JavaScript, Python and find a way to change
the default in DesignModeler, but with no luck so far.

-Mostapha