[Bldg-sim] Life Cycle Cost Analysis (UNCLASSIFIED)

Paul Erickson perickson at aeieng.com
Tue Jun 14 11:11:49 PDT 2011

John,

Having completed numerous LCCA and economic feasibility studies we've also tried to find this sort of information and have found it in short supply.  As Jeremy noted RS Means can serve as a source, albeit a limited one, especially for the many "advanced" systems being evaluated for projects (i.e. chilled beams, VRF, geo, etc.).  Vendors and our clients' maintenance staffs tend to be the most reasonable sources, though there are some challenges there as well.

It would be great to find a more robust O&M cost data set that's publicly shared, especially with data from the likes of BOMA and GSA.  In the meantime, in lieu of having a high level of confidence with numbers you're finding, I would suggest a sensitivity analysis around the O&M costs to help gauge the impact and provide the basis for a "risk & reward" conversation with your client.

Regards,

Paul

Paul Erickson  LEED(r) AP BD+C
Sustainable

AEI | AFFILIATED ENGINEERS, INC.
5802 Research Park Boulevard | Madison, WI  53719

P: 608.236.1112 | F: 608.238.2614
perickson at aeieng.com<mailto:perickson at aeieng.com>  |  www.aeieng.com<http://www.aeieng.com>