[Bldg-sim] Modeling Same Airflow on Proposed and Baseline Models

Karen Walkerman kwalkerman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 11:05:15 PDT 2011

I don't believe that the airflows between the proposed and baseline
designs need to be equal. System sizing and fan sizing needs to be
determined in the same way, but there are many things that affect
airflow and peak demand that may very well be different in the
proposed and baseline models, LPD, glass types, etc, although sizing
in the end may be determined by the 0.4 cfm/sf number. Also, when the
system is in heating mode, the as-designed fan power and flow should
be used. The last comment you just shared with us is definitely
incorrect.

--
Karen