[Bldg-sim] How to model water to water HP for MAU in EE4

Xiangjin Yang XYang at mcw.com
Thu Mar 3 13:17:48 PST 2011

Hello
We got a condo project, with water to water HP providing cooling and heating  for central make up air unit, and hot water from boiler and a second heat resource for this make up unit.
At zone level, there is ERV providing fresh air to suites. And the HPs in suites provide additional heating and cooling.
In EE4 there is no option to set water to water HP for make up unit. So we are thinking three options

1.       Put heating capacity of MAU to zone, and break down all the heating from water to water HP and boiler to zone level, combined with HP in suites

2.       Put boiler as predominate heating resource for MAU, and break down water to water HP to zone level with HPs in suites. Then the setting of supply air temperature would be very tricky.

3.       Add up total capacity of boiler and water to water HP as one hot water heat source. This option ignores the HP heating
Which one option is more reasonable? Or there is other better way to model this system?
Thank you,

Xiangjin Yang Ph.D.
Junior Mechanical Designer

MCW Consultants Ltd. <http://www.mcw.com>
156 Front Street West Suite 600
Toronto, ON M5J 2L6
Phone 416-598-2920
Fax 416-598-5394

This e-mail may be privileged and confidential. Any unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender directly.