[Bldg-sim] Impact of change in Thermostat Set-point on energy consumption

Vaibhav Jain vaibhav.energyarchitect at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 00:29:12 PST 2011

Hello,

Can any one throw some light on effect of change in thermostat set-point on
energy consumption. There is one research paper by Jin Woo Moon & Seung-Hoon
Han named "Thermostat strategies impact on energy consumption in residential
buildings", which shows the amount of heating and cooling energy for
different set-point temperature.

Does any one knows about any other similar kind of studies. We are trying
to-

1.Check, what is the base line for energy consumption at different
set-points. and
2.Cross-check, that which of our two models (one is Equest and other in E+,
which are consistent in all important inputs) is giving comparable results
with similar research studies done hitherto.

Looking forward for your valuable insight.

Thanks & regards,
Vaibhav

Vaibhav Jain
Architect & Energy Analyst