[Bldg-sim] [EnergyPlus #3916]: Cooling energy consumption by different systems for different thermostats

Shivraj Dhaka shivrajdhaka at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 09:53:15 PST 2011

Thanks Dear Bereket,

First, actively we are associated with EnergyPlus only but due to unexpected
% energy saving (cooling only and heating is off throughout year) for
consecutive set point (22 to 23C), I prepared a model in eQUEST with same
input parameters including envelope, HVAC, schedule  etc and I observed that
both tools shows large difference in % energy savings (8 to 10%). Is it
possible to shows this much amount of energy saving?

Second, this is clear to me that both tools uses different engine so results
could not be matched exactly. I hope there should be some nominal
differences in outputs.
Meanwhile I would like to ask one more question-

IS it possible to have difference in cooling energy consumption for *a
building *using E+ and eQUEST when building parameters were given exactly
same in both tools and
if difference is possible then which software shall be reliable to client
assurance?.

*Regards.*
Shivraj Dhaka