[Bldg-sim] Fan Power calculations in ASHRAE User Manual

Ashraf Khan ashraf at mecsd.com
Sun Mar 13 06:47:05 PDT 2011

Recently Fan power calculations topic have discussed. I have a question
regarding the breaking power in to components.

According to Section G3.1.2.1 requires that ¡°where efficiency ratings, such
as EER and COP, include fan energy, the descriptor shall be broken down into
its components so that supply fan energy can be modeled separately.¡±

Since the efficiency ratings are calculated at ARI©\rated conditions, the
fans should also be broken out at ARI©\rated conditions.

Kindly guide me where can I find calculations in ASHRAE 90.1-2004 User¡¯s
Manual showing that the calculation has been performed at ARI rated
conditions or any other reference.

Regards,

Ashraf