[Bldg-sim] 90.1 and swimming pool covers - site recovered energy definition.

Chris Jones cj at enersave.ca
Mon Mar 28 06:29:41 PDT 2011

In 90.1-2004, 7.4.5.2 Pool Covers - a pool heated
higher than 90°F required an R12 pool cover.  We
can't locate a automated retraction system with
more than an R5.  I am trying to determine
exactly what site-recovered energy
constitutes.  The project does recover condenser
heat from the chiller to preheat the pool area
DHW and pool make-up water.  I believe that
qualifies as site-recovered energy.   My question
is does a ground source heat pump or air source
heat pump count as site-recovered energy?

Chris Jones
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, ON M5J 2E3.
Tel.  416-203-7465