[Bldg-sim] supply air rate

Varkie C Thomas thomasv at iit.edu
Thu Mar 3 11:34:38 PST 2011

Carol,
You are right.  The question was what is the range for supply air in CFM/sqft.  SA standards for medical and industrial facilities are in ACH.  The minimum value for OA & SA are set by standards but the maximum SA value cannot be anything that CFM = BTUH (cooling) / (1.08 * (Ti - Ts)) produces.  The type of space determines the maximum and there is a limit to the SA and after which other cheaper methods (supplying air is expensive) are used for heating and cooling and judgement is also involved.  It helps to understand the whole subject.  Refer to OSHA for the answer to the question.  http://www.osha.gov/
Varkie