[Bldg-sim] pro-rating fan power to supply/return fans per 90.1-2007?

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Tue Mar 15 14:00:17 PDT 2011

Last time I did this, I entered 0.00 kW/CFM for the return fans, and all
of the calculated kW/CFM for the supply fans - better to keep it in one
place imho to avoid the headache of explaining it.  Just got news that
project wrapped up review with a silver rating this week =).

If you wanted to distribute the power regardless, I'd do it by weighting
with the airflow amounts.  Generally, I don't think it matters, so long
as you can backtrack your steps if asked to explain yourself ;).

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER

Smith & Boucher Engineers