[Bldg-sim] Hot water pumps (baseline)

Andrew Craig AndrewC at InterfaceEng.Com
Thu Mar 17 08:50:59 PDT 2011

Varun---

If you have purchased hot water in the proposed building and the project
is pursuing LEED certification (which I assume it is) you need to use
USGBC's Treatment of District or Campus Thermal Energy in LEED V2 and
LEED 2009 - Design & Construction.  I've attached it as a reference.
You basically have two options: 1.) building stand-alone scenario where
only the downstream equipment is modeled and hot water is
metered/purchased, or; 2.) aggregate building/DES scenario where the
upstream equipment with its efficiencies or lack thereof are modeled in
the proposed design against 90.1.

Regards,

Andrew Craig PE, LEED AP
Project Mechanical Engineer