[Bldg-sim] Process Loads

Rob Hudson rdh4176 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 06:01:21 PDT 2011

So, if i have a large IT space with numerous data racks, the HVAC system
could fall into the G3.1.1 Exception b that states that since it is
thermally different than all other spaces around it, it can be modeled as
its own system in the baseline model.  This would reward/penalize as you
guys are saying.

Now, to further the other part of the discussion, the definition of process
energy stats any energy consumed in support of processes other than
conditiong spaces and maintaining comfort and amenities for the occupants.
 This HVAC system would be maintaining "comfort" even though there is no
occupants in the space?

Thanks for all the help guys, hope your monday is treating you well.

Rob